Friday 22 June 2012

Ploughing

One word at a time and I'll get there.  I keep telling myself that.  I just hope it's before 10th August.  But right now it doesn't feel like I will.  One day I feel like I'm getting there and the next I feel like I've written a pile of shit.

Yesterday I read what I'd written and decided I needed to shift the chapters around.  Now it looks unrecognisable.  And I don't know if I've done the right thing.  In the first version I didn't feel I was getting to the reason for writing the book quickly enough.  Now I'm getting there in the first chapter.  Is that what I want?  Who knows? 

I interviewed someone for the Glasgow West End Magazine today.  I didn't write an article for the June/July issue because of the last assessments.  I felt writing two assassements to be handed in on the same date was pressure enough without adding an interview/research and 500-1,000 words to it but I didn't want to miss another edition,  So I interviewed Paul Corrigan.  He's a fantastic young Scottish actor who plays a character called Stevie Burns in River City.  And what a lovely guy he is.  He gave me a great interview.  I'm looking forward to writing it up.  It'll be so refreshing not to be typing the words Sir and Thomas and Lipton.

I've now reached almost 11,000 words in the STL project but I've had enough for tonight.  I'll start ploughing on again tomorrow. 

One word at a time and I will get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment