Tuesday 15 May 2012

Progress

I had a good day today - I reached 2,230 words.  My only problem is I think it's just a word dump onto the page at the moment.  I've been trying to insert tone etc but I'm finding it a bit difficult because I'm working with newspaper reports which are factual.  I'm trying hard not to make it a history lesson and more of a story - but I'm sure Sam, my tutor, will say it's a bit like a history lesson.

I realised today I've got about four books which I've only read part of so the next few days might be spent reading and taking notes - and maybe a copuple of visits to the Mitchell.  It's more research so if I'm not back by Friday send out a search party.

This writing lark is a bit too much like hard work - I've not even had time to stare at the wall for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment