Sunday 13 May 2012

Shiny things

Someone's asked me why I've called the blog Staring at the Wall. 

The answer's simple - it's because I like staring at the wall.  I'm good at it and, believe it or not, it's quite an inspirational past time.  I've had a lot of ideas while staring at a wall - mainly the kitchen one.  But what you need to also understand about me is that, apart from my fondness for staring at the wall, I'm also easily distracted by shiny things. 

And today's particular shiny thing was the last game of the season.  I listened to the coverage of the Motherwell v Dundee United match on the Radio Scotland internet thing.  And I did some cooking - chicken pasta and cream of mushroom soup. 

As a result I didn't get any Major Project stuff done.  But to try and redeem myself - I still did some writing.  There's a competition going on at the moment for the first 6,000 words of a crime novel featuring a female protagonist.  I think I might have a bash - so that's what I've been doing.  So far I've got 259 words. 

I'm going to carry on with this for the rest of the evening whilst trying to avoid shiny things. I'm sure an update will appear at some time or another.

Oh - and Motherwell got beat 2 nil.  But I don't think that'll bother them.  They've made it into the Champions League.

Back to Major Project tomorrow - honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment