Monday 28 May 2012

Wanderings

Another day in my garden office - and I must say it's a pleasure to come into work.

Just a quick update at the moment.  My word count is now 4,390.  Even although I was working in the garden watching Dougal build a greenhouse while drinking chilled Pinot Grigio I still managed to write about 300 words.  Mind you - I still have to read it back so maybe I shouldn't brag too quickly.

I'm at the point where I've got the bones of the first chapter done.  But my problem is I keep thinking of wee bits of trivia I think might be interesting to a reader.  At the moment I've been into the Mitchell a couple of times and read the newspapers on the day before Lipton died, the day he died and the day of his funeral.  Now I think I should read the papers for the day before the funeral.  Then I would get a sense of what the crowds of people waiting outside the church during the funeral service might have been speaking about.  It would give me background stuff which someone interested inthe history of Glasgow would like to read about.  Is this a good idea - or am I just being self-indulgent.  If anyone has any advice on this point please leave a comment (a polite comment).  Oh ok - it doesn't need to be polite.)

Right - I must get on now - so much to do.   Oh look - a wee robin.







No comments:

Post a Comment