Wednesday 25 July 2012

Angels

Angels do exist.  I have proof.

I'm going to hold their identity back for the moment but I will say I have been helped enormously by someone.    

They really have helped me sort out how I should approach my Major Project, made me think a bit clearer and have pointed out a lot which is wrong with it.  And I have to say it's a lot.

My initial reaction was AAAGGGHHH and I went into a bit of a blind panic.  But when I calmed down I could see that what I'd written was lifeless and boring.  There was too much information and not enough creativity.

Because of their advice I'm now dramatising a lot more and actually creating a bit of a story as well as getting in the historical stuff.  Oh God I hope I'm doing the right thing.

One problem is that because I'm writing more dialogue my word count is beginning to creep up.  This means a lot of other stuff needs to left behind for the purposes of MP.  But, what I'm suppose to be doing is writing the first 20,000 words of a book.  So, that's ok, isn't it?  It just means I need to be selective and get the structure right.  The other stuff won't be marked, but it's not lost.

I'm now around 18,300 words and still have some major stuff to write about.  I know I can go 10 percent over and 1,000 words needs to be kept aside for a continuing chapter breakdown so I reckon I still have about 2,700 words to play with.


It should be okay but I better be careful.  I suppose it's better to have too many than too few.


No comments:

Post a Comment