Friday 20 July 2012

Deflated

Yesterday I came home slightly deflated from my Supervision session with David.  It wasn't anything he said or did, the meeting was very constructive.  It's me.  I just always feel down after talking for an hour about my Major Project.  This particular meeting has made me realise just how much I still need to do and how little time I have.  There is now just 21 days to get the Project and my Critical Self Reflective essay written and polished to MA standard.  I can hear the big clock ticking.

My problem is I feel as if I've been working on it for months but it's not doing what I want it to do.  I was hoping to have the structure completely sorted by now but after yesterday it's all up in the air again.  So today I'm panicking.  So much so I can't get started.  I know panicking is pointless but I can't help it.

Time for a talk to myself.


Ok here goes.


Come on Anne - You know you'll feel better once you get going.  


Write a list.  You know how much you like a list. 


Work through it and tick stuff off as you go.  


Decide what bit you want to focus on.


Get words onto the page and edit it when you're finished.  


Calm down.  


Take deep breaths in through the nose and out through the mouth. 


And breathe in.


I said breathe in.


BREATHE IN.

No comments:

Post a Comment