Sunday 15 July 2012

Lost

Where do I start?

I've been away from the actual writing of the project for so long I don't know where to pick it up again.  I'm the eternal re-drafter so I feel all I do is go over the same ground - which is getting me nowhere.

Yesterday all I did was try and get back on an even keel after the holidays.  Today I got up early, well quite early, and all I've done so far is boil a kettle and hang a massive washing out.

I meant to say in my last post - I was listening to the Janice Forsyth Show on Radio Scotland yesterday.   I hadn't heard the show for a couple of weeks and was wallowing in her familiarity when something struck me, she was being very reminiscent.  Then I realised.  It was her last show - EVER!  I knew it was coming but for some reason I thought it was in August.  It actually threw me off balance a bit.  


I've been listening since the show started and I have a lot of affection for it.  I used to love the Connections Quiz and I'm the proud owner of a wind-up radio.  I even won a wooden pen - which I still use - for doing a live review of the Frankie Miller Tribute gig at the Barrowlands. Imagine my delight when a couple of weeks later I received a package in the post.  It was a limited edition poster for the event from the producer, Nick, along with a note saying it was lying about the office and he thought I'd like it.  It's still on my wall today.  A few years later I was able to thank Nick in person when I did some work experience in the office. I was so chuffed when the Connections Quiz I put together appeared on the show.  Everyone who worked on the show were extremely nice to me and they worked so hard to maintain its high standard.  Saturday mornings will definitely have something lacking from now on.  I've always listened to Radio Scotland but next Saturday I think Radio 2 or Radio 4 will get my company.


Of course it will be on quietly in the background as smoke bellows from my keyboard.


Ok - I'm getting on with it now.


Where was I again?

No comments:

Post a Comment