Wednesday 18 July 2012

Info

Someone has suggested I should include information on Sir Thomas Lipton in the blog.  Thanks Jeff - it's a great idea - I don't know why I hadn't thought of doing it before.  After all, it is all about him.  So from now on I'll try to astonish you with some of the quirky and interesting stuff Lipton got up to.  He was actually quite a guy.


Yesterday I wrote quite a bit - I'm now up to almost 16,000 words.  I'm not sure about the quality of them but it all adds to the word count at the moment.  There are a few holes to fill in what I've already written so far so I'll try and get some of them plugged today.  


I'm going for my 3rd Supervision session tomorrow - only one more to go.  This time my meeting's with David (not Sam) - to get another perspective on it.  I'll need to sort out what I want to talk to him about.  At my last session Sam said the writing was ok (I'd much rather she'd said it was brilliant I'll take ok) but I needed to work on the structure.  So that's what I'm doing.  Maybe I'll do one of my wee narrative mappy things.  


I've already sent him a chapter breakdown - which, of course, I've since worked on and changed a bit.  Oh - I get so confused sometimes.


Right.  I'm going to get on with it but before I go did you know  - Lipton was one of the first businessman to provide his office workers with a typewriters? It was such an unusual looking thing a visitor to his office actually thought his workers were operating sewing machines.


There.  I hope you're impressed.






No comments:

Post a Comment