Monday 16 July 2012

Painkillers

I can't get going today.

I didn't sleep well and my arm hurts.  I don't know what I've done to it - it just aches.

I should clarify.  I broke my arm on 1st of January.  (Pause for sniggers)  Yes.  I was a New Year alcohol related statistic.  It took me months to get back to some sort of normality and I have to say it's been brilliant lately.  But it's sore today.  Maybe I should take a couple of those lovely hard hitting painkillers and several cups of coffee.


So the scene is set.  I'm tired and not at my best.  


The last thing I needed this morning was to take time out to go into Glasgow Uni library to collect a book I ordered and for no one to be there to hand it over to me.  I know it's Fair Monday but surely some people still go to work?  And before you all say a collective "Well, you should've phoned them."  I did.  And the recorded message said they were open.  I suppose I should've realised no one was there when I heard the damn recorded message - but like I said - I'm not at my best.

But I'm ready to start now.  Well, I was.  I've just had an email from a copy editing guy who said he could copy edit my stuff for about £250.  Not having employed a copy editor before I have no idea if this is good or bad.  Any advice would be welcomed.  But the thing that made me smile, or should I say produce a maniacal laugh, was the fact he said he could do it if he had my 20,000 by the end of the week.  So whether £250 is good or bad is indifferent because 20,000 words by Friday is not going to happen.

Ok - enough of this negativity.  I've got my list of tasks for the day and I'm going to go for it.

Oohh - I think the painkillers and coffee have kicked in.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

P.S. Gold star to anyone who has spotted the Muppet reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment